Saturday, December 15, 2012

4 months

Dear Caroline,

Today you would have been 4 months old.

We miss you in a way that words simply cannot express.

We hung your ornaments on the Christmas tree today.


I got you this ornament because I think you were going to be a beautiful ballet dancer.  
I know you're dancing beautifully for our Savior now.


We hung your stocking today too.  I didn't have time to get your name embroidered on it this year but I will get it done before next Christmas!


We are so heartbroken to be making Christmas memories this year without you here with us.  

We have plans to see many of our family members over the next couple of weeks, but . . . . 

Our family gatherings will forever be incomplete without you.

My Christmas tree will never have enough "Caroline" ornaments on it.

There will never be any presents for you under the tree.

I will never hear you sing "Away in a Manger".

I will never get to dress you up in cute Christmas outfits.

You will never help me make Christmas cookies.

I will never see your face light up when you open your Christmas gifts.

I will never get to read Luke 2 to you.


These things probably seem very insignificant from your heavenly point of view.
But they are realities that I am grieving right now.

It has been difficult for me to celebrate Jesus' birthday this year.

All I seem to be able to do is think about His second coming.

We are begging Him to come quickly.

We long to be with you, baby girl.

I love you,
Mama





1 comment:

  1. I love the little ballet shoes...there is no doubt Caroline is dancing for our Lord daily. Love you!

    ReplyDelete