Friday, March 13, 2009

Another post!

Well, since I'm actually taking the time to update our blog, I thought I'd just keep going and let you know what we've been up to for the past month. I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to find the time to blog, but I was wrong. I'm pretty sure that we're the busiest people I know - at least the busiest people who don't have children anyway.

As a first year teacher at Van Winkle Elementary, my work days are busy and exhausting. I love my kids, but working with them is physically and emotionally draining! I could take a nap every day after work...and some days I do! Lately Doug and I have been super-busy with all of our extra-curricular activities. We both lead Bible studies and we're both leading mission trips over Spring Break (see my next post for more info on that).

Also, Doug plays on an indoor soccer team. It was SO EXCITING for me to be able to see him play soccer for the first time. Although I've seen him coach many games, I've never seen him actually play in a real game. He ROCKS!!! Since I'm new in the "soccer crowd", most of the spectators that sit near me don't know that I'm Doug's wife, so I get a kick out of hearing them talk about how good he is - both as a player and a coach. I know I shouldn't be prideful...but I am. :) Below is a picture of my man in action!



I've been dying to be a cheerleader since I was little, so it's been fun to cheer Doug and the Hinds Soccer team on to victory these past 2 seasons. I was really looking forward to being Doug's personal cheerleader at his indoor game the other day, but he forbid me to make a poster. I rebelled a little bit and made a palm-sized sign. He knows he loves my cheeziness. :)


Several weeks ago all of my college girlfriends from MC came to Jackson for our annual Girls Weekend. Since we are all turning 30 this year we decided to have a birthday celebration and have professional pictures taken. It was so special to spend time with friends that God so clearly brought together during our Freshman year of college - 11 1/2 years ago! I love you, Allison, Brooke, Cara, Charise, Cyndi, Katie, Lauren and Sarah!


1 comment:

  1. Your cheeziness is what makes you - YOU! And we all love you for it! GO DOUG - make my sis proud!

    ReplyDelete