Being a newlywed is AWESOME!!! I love being with my husband. He makes me think more about the important things of life; he makes me laugh; he likes being with me too which is a plus!; and he's my human news reel and Bible concordance - Who needs CNN or Biblegateway.com when Doug's around?
As I've expressed my desire to others about how I want to protect my time with my husband as much as possible, I've noticed that the world tries to tell me that this desire will fade and that it's okay when it does. My conclusion is this: me, Doug and God are called to have an intimacy that resembles that of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Does the Father ever not desire to be with the Son or the Son with the Spirit? Never. So as followers of Christ, should it ever be normal for that desire to fade between me and Doug or, more importantly, between me and God? Never. Jesus has called me to a life of abnormality, and I pray the He convicts me if I ever start stepping back in the direction of normalcy.
No comments:
Post a Comment