This weekend we took a drive down to Brookhaven for the Ole Brook Festival. We did a little Christmas shopping, ate fair food and then stuck around for that evening's FREE concert that featured Sidewalk Prophets and Francesca Battistelli.
![]() |
| Ready for the music to start! |
Clay's family joined us for the concert even though Clay couldn't come with them. I admire Traci soooo much for getting 4 kids out of the house all by herself. It takes me and Doug 2 hours to get out of the house with one child! I didn't dress Benaiah well enough for the chilly weather we had but thankfully Cousin William came to the rescue and let Benaiah borrow his hoodie!
![]() |
| I'm up past my bed time! |
Doug surprised me a bought me a t-shirt from Francesca Battistelli's merchandise table.
![]() |
So fun!
The Mississippi State Fair is taking place now. I HATE the fair. Some of my fellow Mississippian's may think that I'm a traitor to our state by harboring such feelings but . . . . it's N.A.S.T.Y.
Before Monday, I'd only been to the fair at night and I actually swore off going to the fair last year because of its filth. But when some friends of ours invited us to meet them there for lunch on Monday, we naively agreed.
Did y'all know that Monday was Columbus Day?!
I had no idea.
This meant total chaos at the fair. It literally took us an hour to find a parking place. Then we had to walk half a mile to get to the Midway. Then Doug thought it would be faster to get where we needed to go by walking through one of the barns where all the cows were being housed.
Did y'all know that I'm what you might call a "city girl"?
Barns + Cows + Cow Poop = Unhappy Elaine
Once we had trudged through the cow barn, we found Scott and Amy, got some lunch and had a great time catching up with them.
However, because of our experience, 2 decisions have been made:
1. We will meet Scott and Amy at Keifer's for lunch next year on Columbus Day.
2. We are choosing the Ole Brook Festival over the Mississippi State Fair from now on. Period.



Tell Doug I said good call...I love my husband t-shirt, priceless! B looks really tired, but really cute in his hoodie!
ReplyDelete